Sunday, January 6, 2008

Tracy takes on Benihana


Michael Wilson of the New York Times took a night out to grub with the comedian Tracy Morgan at Benihana. The comedian who’s notoriously known for being an alcoholic sat down to reveal what’s going on in his life, ordering a Sake Bomb – his first drink in three months (they say you always get the truth out of a drunk). But don’t worry the bracelet is off according to Tracy!

2007 wasn’t a good year for the Brooklyn bred funny man. A Miami DJ filed misdemeanor charges against him stating that he groped her but it was later dropped, he had several cancelled shows, was forced to wear a Remote Alcohol Monitoring ankle bracelet, and he and his wife of 21 years are divorcing.

In reference to him being forced to wear an ankle bracelet, which his character on 30 Rock wore on the Christmas Episode:
“I’m walking around my family with an ankle bracelet,” he said. “For me, that was rock bottom.”
Future Endeavors:
He said he is writing a book: “Tracy Morgan: Don’t Shoot the Messenger.”
Somewhere along the way, he gave his book a new title: “I’m Tracy Morgan: Let Me Live.”
Where gets his inspiration:
“You sit with people,” he explained. “When I want to work on my material, I go to Benihana or the barbershop.”
His advice to drunks: “It’s bad luck to pour your own,” he said
And don’t worry ladies: he’s still looking for his potential future baby momma to bear his daughter of 10 pounds, 8 ounces but “You won’t catch me on ‘To Catch a Predator.’ I like grown women.”

Maybe 2008 will look better for Tracy

1 comment:

Rolfe Bautista said...

Hello and greetings from colorado :D I would just like to say that this is a really fun blog!I hope to see more :)
~Rolfe